Didier Drogba was never interested in moving to Aston Villa

The summer transfer window shut down on August 31 and Didier Drogba is one of the players that was consistently being linked with a move to another club.


The 38 year old attacker is currently performing for the MLS side Montreal Impact but there were rumors going on linking the Ivorian attacker with a transfer to Aston Villa.

Didier Drogba shut down rumors as there is falsehood being spread around each day with no real truth behind it.

On August 22, before the summer transfer window had closed, Didier Drogba released on his twitter account the following: ‘’Just come out of training at @impactmontreal& a million messages & trending on Twitter saying I was in Birmingham today’’

The 2011-12 UEFA Champions League winner, Didier Drogba wants to remain focused with the MLS and seeing what he can accomplish in the American League.

Didier Drogba is a consistent starter in Montreal Impact but he has recently picked up a hamstring injury which might be keeping him out of action for a significantly long period of time, this will depend on the medical results that are announced by the medical staff of Montreal Impact.

The experienced attacker picked up the hamstring injury during Montreal Impact’s match against Toronto FC which concluded with Montreal Impact claiming a 1-0 triumph but this victory came at a cost as Drogba had to leave the pitch at the 55th minute.

Mauro Biello is the head coach of Montreal Impact and he talked about the decision to remove Drogba from the pitch in the 2nd half as Biello said: “He said he felt his hamstring a little bit on the last play there before he came out,”

So far in this season, Drogba has scored 8 goals in 17 appearances for the MLS club and the Ivorian forward is eager to increase his amount of goals with the objective of winning the American League.